Friday, May 8, 2009

Things are Looking Up!

I’ve been going through a tough time caring for my father. The day-in-day–out of it all is exhausting. Although I speak on happiness, laughter and perspective, I was beginning to lose mine. And my mind. Which as we all know, is a terrible thing to waste.

I took steps yesterday to hire paid help and to give me more time for my home and my work. Then, as serendipity would have it, Michael J. Fox’s special was on and I actually had time to watch it! The documentary, based on his memoir, Always Looking Up, was the best TV I’ve watched in a very long time. His wide-ranging program "isn't prescriptive," Fox was telling a reporter earlier this week in his office on Manhattan's Upper East Side. "I just need to express myself, because that's what I do. It's the only way I can live my life: to embrace the possibilities, instead of fear the realities.”

What a great quote.

I encourage everyone to watch his show. To take time away from Fox (the news, not the person), CNN and the nightly shoot ‘em up broadcast that makes up our local news. Spend more time on positive messages, with positive people and surround yourself with positive energy.

See how you feel.

Watch Michael J. Fox’s documentary and I promise you it will rekindle your passion and make you think about how you see the world.

At the very least, it’s a show where no one gets shot.

Who knows, maybe this documentary will have a play-it-forward effect and we’ll start to see a new ripple of optimism.

Can’t hurt. Could help.

No comments: